Early attempts at feeding bar stock into turning machines involved simple holding or guiding devices that transmitted vibrations, required slower RPM, could damage spindles and work pieces, and presented a danger to machine operators.
In the 1970’s, LNS addressed these and other bar loading shortcomings by developing the first hydraulic bar feeders that reduced friction, noise and vibration. In the years since, bar feeding has evolved into user-friendly, ergonomic and highly efficient devices that provide a number of significant advantages. Here are just a few:
- Precise bar loading. All LNS automatic bar feeders are designed to continuously feed bar stock without interruption. Many models include a patented, direct headstock synchronization system that ensures coordination of the bar feeder pusher and turning machine headstock. Bar feeders especially designed for very small diameter stock use a unique, scroll-type loading system.
- Fast changeovers. To keep production moving, LNS automatic bar feeders include features that reduce changeover times to a matter of a few minutes. Models designed for lights-out operation include automatic adjustment capabilities that require no operator intervention.
- Optimum turning machine RPM. Proper bar support reduces vibrations to enable higher spindle speeds and maintain tight tolerances. LNS achieves this with rigid, heavy-duty construction and, depending on the model, such features as automatic, self-adjusting outboard bar supports, Swiss Safety Connections and more.
- Unattended operation. There’s no better way to reduce cost-per-part and meet tight deadlines than by setting up long part runs that require no operator attention. Achieving unattended and lights-out production requires bar feeders that provide automatic changeovers, hold large amounts of bar stock and are proven to reliably load bars for long periods of time.
- Easy programming. A user-friendly, prompting, touch screen control makes setups quick and easy. The operator simply enters the bar stock shape, diameter, part length and guiding channel ID. LNS bar feeders equipped with a Part Library function can store up to 500 parts programs.
For more information on how LNS bar feeders can help you achieve your production goals, contact your local LNS representative
or call +81 (0)761-55-2058